Omnium Platform respects your privacy and any personal information that you provide will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003 (“DPA”) and General Data Protection Regulation ‘GDPR’.
We will not collect any Personal Data about you without your clear permission.
Any personal information we do collect will only be retained for the duration necessary to allow us to provide the services that you have requested or for any additional period as required for legal and regulatory purposes.
How we receive Personal Data
Personal Data is received by the methods listed below:
- By phone and/or email
- Through our application forms when you apply for an account at Omnium Platform
- Through website forms
Types and use of the information we gather
We gather, record and hold information on you in order to provide you with a product/service and, to comply with relevant regulations and laws.
We will only process Personal Data if we have a “legal basis” (i.e. a legally permitted reason) for doing so.
The type of information we collect and why is listed below.
|Personal information such as name, firms name, gender, date of birth and address.||To meet our anti money laundering and other regulatory obligations in relation to KYC and client due diligence and to verify your identity using our verification processes.|
|Contact Information such as email address and phone number.||In order to send you correspondence in relation to the services provided and to fulfil our regulatory obligations.|
|Financial Information such as transaction information and history.||To receive and transmit orders to us.|
|Telephone Recordings.||To monitor our conversations i.e. check instructions to us. To assess our customer service and for training and quality purposes.|
How we store your information
We keep personal information in physical and electronic records at our premises. We also store data in the cloud. All our data is stored within the EU including data stored through our cloud storage service providers.
How we may share your Personal Data
We may need to disclose information about you to third parties strictly on a need to know basis. Specifically, where we need to provide your Personal Data to counter parties in order to execute transactions on your behalf.
We do not sell any Personal Data to third parties and we do not share Personal Data with third parties for the third parties’ marketing purposes.
We will not retain Personal Data for longer than is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it is collected, subject to Data Protection Law. As a guide, Personal Data will be retained for the duration of your contract for services with us and for a minimum period of seven years following the termination of that contract.
When Personal Data is no longer required for the purpose it was collected or as required by applicable law, it will be deleted.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
The following is a summary of the data protection rights available to individuals in the European Economic Area in connection with their Personal Information:
- The right to access the personal information we hold on you
- The right to have your personal information sent directly to yourself or another organisation
- The right to have inaccuracies corrected
- The right to object, including in relation to direct marketing
- The right to restrict the processing of information
- The right to have information erased
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us using the details below ‘How to Contact us’
If you wish to find out more about data protection in Ireland please visit the website of the Data Protection Commissioner.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser while you are browsing a website. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the website can “remember” you on your return visit. Cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified unless you have furnished such information to the website.
What are the different types of Cookies?
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs.
By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- Session cookie – a temporary cookies which is erased when the user closes the browser or
- Persistent cookie – which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
We use Persistent Cookies on our website.
Persistent Cookies used by this website include the following Google Analytic cookies:
|Cookie name||Purpose||Term of use|
|_ga||Identify unique/new users||24 months|
|_gat||Throttles request rates||1 minute|
|_gid||Map user journey throughout the site||24 hours|
By domain, a cookie is either a:
- First-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain
- Third-party cookies stored by a different domain to the visited page’s domain. e.g. Google Analytics
There are three different groups of cookies used on this website:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential to enable navigation around our website and use its features. Without these, we would be unable to provide you with certain features. No information about your browsing habits is gathered by these cookies.
- Functionality Cookies allow our website to remember choices you have made and helps to provide an enhanced, more personal experience on our website. These cookies do not collect any information which would identify you.
- Analytics Cookies gather information about how our site is used, including which pages are most often visited. These cookies are anonymous, which means that they won’t collect information which identifies you.
Links from our website
Can I change my Cookie Preferences?
Please be aware however that if you chose to block cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience on this website will be as fulfilling as it would otherwise be.
Updates to this policy
Omnium Platform reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time. Users of this website should regularly check this Policy for any amendments.
How to Contact us
If you have any queries regarding the use of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com or by post to The Head of Compliance, Omnium Platform DAC, Suite 1, The Mall, Beacon Court, Sandyford, Dublin 18.